Pics of Katy

This is how it all started, I have friends that are supportive and friends that are competitive. At times I would think why can't we just do these events for fun? It was never like that with this group of gals, especially for Subrina. But the day we found out that Katy was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer we all became the supportive kind. It was a blow to us, we thought no way this could be happening. It's something we hear about, not live through. It's been a year and a half since Katy's diagnosis and we're left with her memories. But I know one thing Katy would be proud of, and that's the fact that we've all stayed friends and have made new ones along the way. Our mission is simple, it's to help spread awareness for early detection of Ovarian cancer. All of our friends will be doing events, runs, cycling, wine tasting, beerfests (hey competition is competition!) and along the way we'll be spreading the word.Stay tuned for what stories we learn along the way! Katy was an amazing, inspiring person who truely lived life to the fullest. We love and miss you much.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oops...

I let it happen.. I let time pass and now it's just been awhile since I've posted anything. But I have been busy with baseball games, following Cal State Fullerton where my newphew plays. From Sacramento to San Luis Obispo to Omaha, NE where the baseball college world series is held. What a ride it's been, I love sports, love baseball, and love my family. A great combination and so much fun along the way. And although I'm fortunate to be so close to my given family, I miss my "chosen family".... my friends.

Sometimes it's hard because we are spread out geographically. I miss the luxury of just stopping by to say hi.. or going to dinner. But now that baseball is over, my weekends are free again to schedule some new adventures. I like being spontaneous and it's summer time.. which means, 4th of July parties, boating weekends, BBQs, rides, runs etc. Man I love my life and look forward to the good times ahead.

peace and love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment