Pics of Katy

This is how it all started, I have friends that are supportive and friends that are competitive. At times I would think why can't we just do these events for fun? It was never like that with this group of gals, especially for Subrina. But the day we found out that Katy was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer we all became the supportive kind. It was a blow to us, we thought no way this could be happening. It's something we hear about, not live through. It's been a year and a half since Katy's diagnosis and we're left with her memories. But I know one thing Katy would be proud of, and that's the fact that we've all stayed friends and have made new ones along the way. Our mission is simple, it's to help spread awareness for early detection of Ovarian cancer. All of our friends will be doing events, runs, cycling, wine tasting, beerfests (hey competition is competition!) and along the way we'll be spreading the word.Stay tuned for what stories we learn along the way! Katy was an amazing, inspiring person who truely lived life to the fullest. We love and miss you much.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Moab Moutain Bike Ride

I've always wanted to go to Moab, Ut to ride my mountain bike. I use to mountain bike a lot more a few years ago. I absolutely loved it, but life changes and the things you love to do sometimes get pushed to the side. I'm working on bringing and keeping the things I like to do back into my life.

So after 2 days of road bike riding.. Subrina and I were excited to go with Terry and Jill mountain biking. Jill found us a nice easy trail.. beautiful surroundings, easy trails for us non-experts.

When road biking, I get on my bike and pedal, pedal, pedal. Not a lot of technical skills are required, at least for the type of riding I'm doing. On the mountain bike, you have to think about what line to take, the different type of terrain, the ups and downs.. how am I suppose to position my body so I don't go over my handlebars? Yeah didn't have that down because I did this..

I'm pretty sure that what I looked like as I was going over my handlebars.
After I took a header, my friends thought it was a good idea to have a reinactment. However, it wasn't a true reinactment because my bike had actually bounced off my back and ended up about 5 feet away from me and I'm pretty sure I wasn't smiling. So after getting that out of the way within our first 20 minutes of riding, I was as confident as could be continuing on with the day. Yeah right! Nonetheless, we still did have a great time.


Terry

Subrina

We were exhausted!

It's the simple things that make Subrina happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment